Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Alice in Wonderland

Last week one of my new customers (Yvette) came into the shop and mentioned that she was hosting a High Tea with an Alice in Wonderland theme in aid of Camphill Farm (a comunity village for the disabled). The High Tea was held at her shop, Yves's Pudding and Pie, Hermanus. Yvette and her Mother worked until two in the morning to prepare for the High Tea and half of the proceeds for the day went to Camphill Farm. Some of the Camphill people attended the High Tea  in full costume as there was a prize for the best dressed and a lucky draw.


Here I am with my friend Venessa in the Scrapbooking shop Veronick's where she works. We had so much fun dressing up, I can't remember the last time I went to a dress-up anything! Venessa went as the White Rabbit and I went as the Mad Hatter. I still wanted to go crazy with accessories but we ran out of time... we had about five minutes to get dressed at Veronick's and went to straight Yves's Pudding and Pie from there. 


Yves's Pudding and Pie... everything was so pretty and so yummy! The Lucky Draw winner received an Alice in Wonderland cake and donated it to Camphill Farm. The 1st prize for the Best Dressed went to two playing cards (a mother and her son who looked like the playing cards from the Disney animation, Alice in Wonderland)


...and then Yvette took out another cake, turned to me and said "the 2nd prize for best dressed goes to you" pointing at me. I turned around to see who she was pointing at and then she started talking about MishMash and how I'm a new business owner in Hermanus... then I new she was pointing at me:) So I won this awesome Alice cake that Yves's mom baked and it was yum, and it is gone now but I've still got the little Alice. 

Thank you, Yvette, for all your hard work for an awesome day and for your caring heart.  
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird