Saturday, October 1, 2011

Whale Festival Day1: The yarn bombing begins!

Since it's only me working on this project and time is of the essence, I came up with a "time-saving" plan. I recently started taking apart a blanket I had bought at our local charity shop, it looked like it had been chewed up in places. So I thought to fix it because it's quite big and so pretty... I then got this light-bulb-moment! I could use the motives of the blanket that I had already taken apart, crochet on to them and use them to bomb the age old Olive tree in front of the shop:)




mmm...'tis coming on quite well! These were taken Friday morning, I actually got a lot further by the end of the afternoon... will post more pics tomorrow!

Have an awesome weekend and if your in Hermanus for the Whale Festival, do come and have a look at my yarn-bombing and don't forget to say "hi"!   

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding creative bombing Chane'!!!! This olive tree has never looked better!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats super cool!! looks great! i need to learn to do this!

    krissykreates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird