Thursday, June 6, 2013

Project a Day: #5 My Little Capelet

Another week at it's halfway mark! I sometimes feel like someone has accidentally sat on life's remote and now we're stuck on Fast-Forward mode. I hope you're all enjoying your week so far, mine hasn't been great but it's getting better. Oh yes, I almost forgot! Project #5! This one was inspired when I was digging my old scarves out of my storage crates. I found my very first Mohair and Merino wool scarf. My Gran had given me a baggy full of bits and pieces of Mohair and Merino wool. Off-cuts of her last knitting project. It was a merry mess of a tangle and it took ages to get it sorted. I knotted every last piece together to make up a few balls of continuous yarn. This was my very first experience working with natural fibers of hand spun wool. As I wasn't very experienced in crochet back when I was still studying, my little scarf turned out quite stiff. I only new one stitch, the double crochet stitch and my tension was terribly tight. So, I decided to frog it! And make something new, this Capelet.

 -This to me about a day to make, I had to change the pattern a bit because it was very small around the neck. It's still a little tight, but it's okay. The Mohair and Merino wool make this a warm little capelet. It will be perfect for Spring-
 
 -Above you can see my old scarf and the frogging process-

 -This is a very cute pattern, if you would like to try it for yourself, click here to find the pattern on Ravelry-

xxx

2 comments:



blogger template by lovebird