Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy Monday Makings #11

As promised, the Happy Monday Makings post to go with last week's Outfit Love post. I made this dress from thrifted fabric, found at a local charity shop. It's a lovely knit fabric and is thick enough that I didn't need to wear a slip underneath. The pattern I used was inspired by many a pinterest pattern diy. I simply took a dress I love, lay it flat on my fabric, traced the outlines and cut out the pieces. I then sewed and seamed and voila! I did make some minor improvements… 


-This turned out so great, I've worn it so many times already! It's comfortable, practical and perfect for the heat we've experienced the past three months-


-the dress I used to as pattern, had a gather on the shoulders. I decided to knot them instead. As the original is a wrap dress, it had long strips to wrap the dress with. I thought I'd rather put buttons and loops, this way I could accessorise the dress with a belt or two to create different looks-

I must say I'm really happy with this one, it truly was a Happy Monday Making!

What have you gals been up to? Make anything interesting lately? Feel free to share your crafting excursions with us, leave a link in the comments. I'd love to see what my fellow crafters are up to.

xxx


1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! All I've been making is a list of our income and expenses for tax purposes :D

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird